McCaskill Cancels Trip for D-Day Ceremonies
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill has canceled a planned trip to France for D-Day events because her husband is ill.
McCaskill’s office said Thursday that her husband was admitted to a hospital to treat an infection and is being kept overnight for observation.
As a result, McCaskill decided not to attend the 70th anniversary events commemorating the D-Day invasion in Normandy, France. The Allied forces invaded Western Europe during World War II on June 6, 1944.
McCaskill would have been the most senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee to attend the ceremonies. Her father was a World War II veteran.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- The Mark Reardon Show – 7/30/14 – Randy Murdick, Rick Stream, Tony Pousosa, Jill Schlesinger, Richard Linklater
- Obama To Jesus Heckler: ‘I Believe In God, Thanks For The Prayer’
- Protesters Mass Outside Obama Appearance
- Gov. Pat Quinn Open to Helping Out Children Who Fled Central America
- Last Day to Request an Absentee Ballot
- Obama Eats Ribs With 4 Kansas City Letter Writers