JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill has canceled a planned trip to France for D-Day events because her husband is ill.
McCaskill’s office said Thursday that her husband was admitted to a hospital to treat an infection and is being kept overnight for observation.
As a result, McCaskill decided not to attend the 70th anniversary events commemorating the D-Day invasion in Normandy, France. The Allied forces invaded Western Europe during World War II on June 6, 1944.
McCaskill would have been the most senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee to attend the ceremonies. Her father was a World War II veteran.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Downtown Music Fest Contract Canceled
- Pro-Choice Missouri Issues Statement On Colorado Clinic Attack
- Ethical Society of Police Says There’s a Problem With Chief Dotson
- Family Members Accept Yogi Berra’s Medal Of Freedom
- Minority Police Group to Declare ‘No Confidence’ in Chief Dotson
- Durbin Wants Rauner to Meet The Refugees