McCaskill Cancels Trip for D-Day Ceremonies
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill has canceled a planned trip to France for D-Day events because her husband is ill.
McCaskill’s office said Thursday that her husband was admitted to a hospital to treat an infection and is being kept overnight for observation.
As a result, McCaskill decided not to attend the 70th anniversary events commemorating the D-Day invasion in Normandy, France. The Allied forces invaded Western Europe during World War II on June 6, 1944.
McCaskill would have been the most senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee to attend the ceremonies. Her father was a World War II veteran.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Ferguson Demands High Fees To Turn Over City Files
- Missouri Governor In Afghanistan
- Durbin Calls For Probe Into Chicago Air Control Fire
- Gov. Nixon Meeting With Mo. Troops In Afghanistan
- Gov. Nixon’s In Afghanistan
- It’s Pryor v. Cotton v. Obama In Arkansas Race