St. Louis Attorney to be Nominated Ambassador to Ireland
BRUSSELS (KMOX) – President Obama has announced his intent to nominate trial lawyer Kevin O’Malley as U.S. ambassador to Ireland.
The post has been vacant for more than 18 months.
O’Malley has been an adjunct professor at Washington University School of Law since 2013, and taught at St. Louis University School of Law from 1979 to 1985.
He is an officer in the Litigation Department at Greensfelder, Hemker and Gale in St. Louis, Missouri and has been a practicing trial lawyer for more than 35 years.
O’Malley received an A.B. and a J.D. from Saint Louis University.
He is a long-time supporter of Obama, going back to 2007 before his first presidential primary run.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Party on, Abe: Illinois Named Top Party School in the US
- Rauner: Illinois to Review New Federal Power Plant Limits
- Amtrak Supporters Push to Preserve State Subsidies
- Chicago-based Nonprofit Gets $7.2M from Chase Settlement
- Local Rapper Encourages Youth to Put Down Guns
- Police Issue ‘Pantry Tickets’ for Minor Traffic Violations