Is Your Computer Safe from Hackers?
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - International police recently busted two large computer-hacking networks, finding more than a million infected computers around the globe.
Could yours be next?
Marketwatch reporter Priya Anand found the bad guys track keystrokes from an unsuspecting person logging onto his or her bank’s website.
“That’s what they’re looking for—to gain your credentials, your log-in information, so they could log in and potentially do bad things with your money,” Anand says.
Anand says computer security experts recommend downloading anti-malware programs and running tests to determine if your computer is infected.
There’s a link to some safe downloads at marketwatch.com.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Suspended County Cop Says He’s Retiring
- Rally and March Brings Big Crowd to Ferguson
- Mosby Building Arts Home Improvement Show
- St. Louis Composting Garden Hotline
- One Dead, One Wounded in North St. Louis Park Shooting
- Harry Hamm: The Walk to Italy, The November Man