ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – International police recently busted two large computer-hacking networks, finding more than a million infected computers around the globe.
Could yours be next?
Marketwatch reporter Priya Anand found the bad guys track keystrokes from an unsuspecting person logging onto his or her bank’s website.
“That’s what they’re looking for—to gain your credentials, your log-in information, so they could log in and potentially do bad things with your money,” Anand says.
Anand says computer security experts recommend downloading anti-malware programs and running tests to determine if your computer is infected.
There’s a link to some safe downloads at marketwatch.com.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night
- Scientists Say It’s Okay to Eat Bugs
- Austin Peterson Adds His Name to Senate Race