Is Your Computer Safe from Hackers?
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – International police recently busted two large computer-hacking networks, finding more than a million infected computers around the globe.
Could yours be next?
Marketwatch reporter Priya Anand found the bad guys track keystrokes from an unsuspecting person logging onto his or her bank’s website.
“That’s what they’re looking for—to gain your credentials, your log-in information, so they could log in and potentially do bad things with your money,” Anand says.
Anand says computer security experts recommend downloading anti-malware programs and running tests to determine if your computer is infected.
There’s a link to some safe downloads at marketwatch.com.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis City Barbershops to Help Lower STD’s
- $180 Bond Issue- St. Louis Fire Dept Wants Upgrades
- Sunday Riders: Biker Church Celebrates 2 Years
- Drone Over Your Yard? Don’t Shoot It Down!
- Funeral Directors Call For End to Violence
- UPDATE: St. Louis Man Ends Billboard Stay