2 St. Louis Children’s Hospitals Top National Ranking
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - U.S. News and World Report has recognized two children’s hospitals in the St. Louis area for excellence in a few pediatric specialties.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital was highly ranked in all 10 specialties, including top 10s for neurology and neurosurgery (#5), pulmonology (#8) and orthopedics (#10).
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center ranked in three different specialities.
“It came in at #33 in cardiology, #31 in gastroentronology, and #46 in nephrology [or kidney disease],” says Kimberly Leonard, the health rankings producer for U.S. News and World Report.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE HEALTH NEWS:
- Study: Stroke Cases Declining in U.S.
- Expert: Deadly Brain-Eating Amoeba Rare, But in Missouri Lakes, Ponds
- Health Director Issues Report on Horse Carriage Companies
- Medical Marijuana Rules OK’d By Illinois Committee
- Barnes Jewish Makes List of Top Hospitals
- Local Veterans Say They’ve Been Denied Service, Had Problems Minimized by Doctors