2 St. Louis Children’s Hospitals Top National Ranking
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - U.S. News and World Report has recognized two children’s hospitals in the St. Louis area for excellence in a few pediatric specialties.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital was highly ranked in all 10 specialties, including top 10s for neurology and neurosurgery (#5), pulmonology (#8) and orthopedics (#10).
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center ranked in three different specialities.
“It came in at #33 in cardiology, #31 in gastroentronology, and #46 in nephrology [or kidney disease],” says Kimberly Leonard, the health rankings producer for U.S. News and World Report.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE HEALTH NEWS:
- Missouri Republicans Call for Ebola Travel Ban
- Local Hospitals Now Have New, Tougher Ebola Care Guidelines
- County Council Unanimously Passes Resolution to Speed Up Coldwater Creek Cleanup
- Thousands Will Die From Flu This Year, Doctors Predict
- Union Nurses Give List of Demands Regarding Ebola Care to Administrators
- Expert Says Stinging Caterpillars Rare in Missouri