ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – U.S. News and World Report has recognized two children’s hospitals in the St. Louis area for excellence in a few pediatric specialties.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital was highly ranked in all 10 specialties, including top 10s for neurology and neurosurgery (#5), pulmonology (#8) and orthopedics (#10).
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center ranked in three different specialities.
“It came in at #33 in cardiology, #31 in gastroentronology, and #46 in nephrology [or kidney disease],” says Kimberly Leonard, the health rankings producer for U.S. News and World Report.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE HEALTH NEWS:
- Health Check-Up: HPV Shots, Obamacare and Sealant Program
- Health Check-Up: Cervical Cancer, Zika and Medicare Regulations
- Health Check-Up: Pepsi, Climate Change and Workplace Germs
- Cancer Patient Blames Johnson and Johnson
- Outbreak of Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease at University of Illinois
- What No One Tells You About Medicare Coverage — Glen (Vol. 1)