ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – U.S. News and World Report has recognized two children’s hospitals in the St. Louis area for excellence in a few pediatric specialties.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital was highly ranked in all 10 specialties, including top 10s for neurology and neurosurgery (#5), pulmonology (#8) and orthopedics (#10).
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center ranked in three different specialities.
“It came in at #33 in cardiology, #31 in gastroentronology, and #46 in nephrology [or kidney disease],” says Kimberly Leonard, the health rankings producer for U.S. News and World Report.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE HEALTH NEWS:
- Some With HIV in Missouri to Lose Health Insurance in 2018
- Surgeon Admits To Burning Initials Into Patients’ Livers
- Mother Arrested For Son’s 323 Hospital Visits, 13 Surgeries, Report Says
- Missouri Ranks Low for Smoking Prevention
- Research Finds Doctor’s Age Can Affect Patients
- Governor Calls for St. Louis Veterans Home Leadership Change