Kmart in Collinsville Closing
COLLINSVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – Another Kmart is closing in the Metro East area.
This time, the Kmart store in Collinsville will close in early September.
In a statement to KMOX, Howard Riefs, Director of Corporate Communications for Sears Holdings, says, “Store closures are part of a series of actions we’re taking to reduce on-going expenses, adjust our asset base, and accelerate the transformation of our business model. These actions will better enable us to focus our investments on serving our customers and members through integrated retail – at the store, online and in the home.”
The Collinsville Kmart store has 84 employees and Riefs says the associates that are eligible, will receive severance and have the opportunity to apply for open positions at area Sears or Kmart stores.
Most of the associates are part-time/hourly. Kmart will begin its liquidation sale on June 22.
The Kmart in Ellisville closed in April and another Kmart in Fairview Heights closed two years ago.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Man’s Ear Bitten Off During Eastern Missouri Dispute
- 10 Killed in Traffic Crashes Over Fourth of July Weekend
- Since Taxicab Commissioners Aren’t Accepting Emails, Uber is Delivering Letters
- Florissant Mayor Pushes Nixon to Call Special Session to Fund Highway Repairs
- More Details on Redevelopment Expected at Crestwood Mall Open House
- Crash in Uninsured Taxicab Fuels More Taxicab Commission Controversy