FARMINGTON, Mo (KMOX) – A 3-week-old puppy is recovering after a man set it on fire.
It happened in Farmington, when a woman passing by saw the man toss the puppy in a ditch and light it on fire. The woman put the fire out with her hand and then called for help.
Canines in Crisis rescued the little dog, an Australian Shepard mix now named Jeri.
Her fur was singed, but luckily it looks like there’s no serious injury to the pup.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Jury Finds Woman Guilty of Poisoning Son
- Local Business Owner Pleads Guilty in Tax Evasion
- Police Search for Suspect in North County Fatal Hit-and-Run
- UMSL Faculty Members File Lawsuit Against Board of Curators
- License of Pot-Friendly Illinois Doctor Placed on Probation
- Ameren Illinois Offer Energy Assistance to Low-Income Customers