FESTUS, Mo. (AP) – The two men arrested on suspicion of shooting a man in a Jefferson County Wal-Mart bathroom have been released while a police investigation continues.
The shooting occurred shortly before noon Tuesday at the Festus Wal-Mart Supercenter. The victim is expected to survive, and police say the suspects and the victim knew each other.
Festus Police Chief Tim Lewis tells the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the suspects were held for the 24 hour-maximum allowed by state law before being released Wednesday since criminal charges have not yet been filed. He declined to further discuss the investigation.
One suspect was arrested in the store’s parking lot and the other as he was driving away from the store. The store reopened later Tuesday.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Pedestrian Killed in North County
- Man Faces Thirty Year Sentence for Student Loan Fraud
- Arrests Made in London Parliament Attack
- Naked Shooter Arrested After Killing Two in Rap Battle
- Missouri Woman Gets Illinois Prison Time in Son’s Death
- PHOTOS: Police Search for More Persons of Interest in MetroLink Shooting