Zoo Offers Fair St. Louis Parking Alternative
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Fourth of July revelers facing the pricey parking passes at Fair St. Louis now have a limited alternative at the city zoo.
Organizers of the free weekend holiday festival had previously announced plans to charge $30 apiece for 22,000 premium parking spaces. The festival moves to Forest Park this year because of construction on the Gateway Arch grounds.
The Saint Louis Zoo on Wednesday announced that about 300 parking spaces at the old Forest Park Hospital will be available for $15 during the fair, with a free shuttle to transport visitors to the park.
Parking at the zoo’s main lots will also cost $30, or double the usual fee. But the zoo will include coupons for $15 off a membership or a buy-one, get-one-free safari pass.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- McCulloch Says He Wants to Hear ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ from Nixon
- 2 St. Louis County Officials Call for McCulloch’s Removal from Michael Brown Case
- Eric Holder To Visit Ferguson Today
- St. Louis Police Chief Says There’s a Contingency Plan in Place
- Missouri AG Chris Koster Visits Ferguson
- County Gives First-Round Approval to $1M in Emergency Funds to Ferguson