Zoo Offers Fair St. Louis Parking Alternative
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Fourth of July revelers facing the pricey parking passes at Fair St. Louis now have a limited alternative at the city zoo.
Organizers of the free weekend holiday festival had previously announced plans to charge $30 apiece for 22,000 premium parking spaces. The festival moves to Forest Park this year because of construction on the Gateway Arch grounds.
The Saint Louis Zoo on Wednesday announced that about 300 parking spaces at the old Forest Park Hospital will be available for $15 during the fair, with a free shuttle to transport visitors to the park.
Parking at the zoo’s main lots will also cost $30, or double the usual fee. But the zoo will include coupons for $15 off a membership or a buy-one, get-one-free safari pass.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Clayton Gearing Up for Ferguson Grand Jury Announcement
- Anheuser-Busch: No Clydesdales At Christmas
- Local Schools Cancel After-School Activities
- Mark Reardon – 11/24/14 – Jamilah Nasheed, Ryann Carmody, Michal Smerconish
- UPDATE: Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Has Been Reached, Announcement To Be Made Monday Evening
- NAACP President: Ferguson Demonstrators ‘Young Practitioners of Democracy’