ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Intruders Trash Old Municipal Court Building
- Blues’ Upshall Focusing on Hockey, Family, Devastated Hometown
- FBI Searching for St. Louis Drug Trafficker, Couriers
- Missouri House Votes to Pass Voter ID Law
- Analysis Adds Fuel to Fight Over Illinois School Funding
- Illinois Drops Plan to Tax Wealthy at Higher Rates