ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Broken Pipe Adds to Thanksgiving Woes for Larry Rice
- Man Sentenced for Enrolling at College as Someone Else
- Golf Pro Shares The Game With Pediatric Hospital Patients
- Here Are The Major Restaurants Open On Thanksgiving Day
- Girl Scouts Issue Holiday Warning About Hugging
- PIRG Finds Potentially Dangerous Toys on Store Shelves