ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- New Measure Seeks to Put Cap on Campaign Contributions
- New Recommendations to Help Parents Prevent SIDS
- Public Forum Comes to St. Louis City Ahead of November Election
- New Finding Gives Some Children More “Screen Time”
- Missouri Says Reporter Doesn’t Have Right To See Executions
- Syrian Refugees Afraid of North St. Louis