ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Illinois Governor Wants Temporary Budget Fix Amid Stalemate
- Casino Provides Millions in Revenue to Cape Girardeau
- 13-Year-Old Girl Dead, Brother Missing in Illinois River
- State to Build New Veterans Home, Upgrade 2 Cemeteries
- Appeals Court to Hear Woman’s Fight For Her Frozen Embryos
- Nixon Completes Rice Sale From Missouri to Cuba