ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Ferguson Council Passes Amended DOJ Consent Agreement
- Windsor High School Responds to Shooting Threat
- Nasheed Blasts Maryland Heights Kroenke Proposal
- Cleric Arrested During Ferguson Protests Found Not Guilty
- Pres. Obama to Address Illinois General Assembly Wednesday
- Edwardsville Police Seek Car Burglars