ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Another Protest of Stockley Verdict Planned in Clayton
- St. Louis Startup Debuts Mind-Controlled Drones
- Start Up Founder Calls For Political Unity in Face of Protests
- St. Louis Police Could Try Free Body Cams
- Preparation Continues Ahead of Ice Plex Approval
- Race for Reconciliation Takes Place This Weekend