ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- SABMiller to Recommend AB Inbev Deal Despite Value Shift
- Fire Damages Building on Laclede’s Landing
- World-Wide Event Highlights Importance of Breastfeeding
- Wash U Researchers Find Antibodies That Could Possibly Prevent Zika
- Real Life Superhero “Citizen Saint” Patrols North St. Louis County Streets
- Granite City Man Accused of Shooting Dog in Face