Grafton Receives Grant
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Ferguson-Florissant School District Prepares for Delayed Start of Classes With Counseling, Extra Security
- Volunteers a Buffer Between Police, Protestors
- Gov. Nixon: Ferguson is a Test for All Americans
- Ferguson Pledges Outreach Efforts After Shooting
- Police: 93 Percent of People Arrested in Ferguson Not From Ferguson
- Nixon Won’t Seek Removal of County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch