ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- New Missouri Law Shields Those Who Rescue Kids From Hot Cars
- Nixon Vetoes Change to E-Verify Requirement in Missouri
- Ready, Set, Go–4th of July Fairs Sparkle
- How the Circus Saved the Life of a North St. Louis Native
- Man Shot to Death Along Riverfront Trail in St. Louis
- Parents of Slain Child Warn Against Celebratory Gunfire