ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- UPDATE: Suspect Killed During Standoff with St. Louis Police Identified
- Police Investigate Shooting at North St. Louis Gas Station
- MetroLink, St. Louis Police Safety Efforts Are In Motion
- Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens Hints at More Special Sessions
- Missouri Museum to Display Confederate Battle Flag
- SPOTLIGHT: St. Louis’ Josh Sargent is Lighting it Up at the U20 World Cup