Grafton Receives Grant
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- McCaskill Calls for Higher VA Director Salary to Attract Candidates
- ‘White Only’ Sign Auctioned by Goodwill
- Brother of Missing Sunset Hills Woman Hopes For Closure
- Missouri Executes Man for 15-Year-Old Girl’s 1989 Killing
- Lawsuit: U of Illinois Retaliated Over Sex Harassment Claim
- 7 Dead from Legionnaires’ Disease at Quincy Veterans’ Home