ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Local Republicans Share Opinions on Health Care Debacle
- Historic ‘Space Porn’ Up for Auction
- Doctors Say to Treat Substance Abuse Disorders As Chronic Disease
- St. Louis-Native, UConn Forward Napheesa Collier Named AP All-American
- New Facebook ‘Townhall’ Feature Goes Political
- Crime Update: Several Shootings in 24 Hours