Missouri Soldier to Be Laid to Rest
MANCHESTER, Mo. (AP) - A soldier from eastern Missouri who died in Afghanistan will be laid to rest.
The funeral for 20-year-old Pfc. Matthew Walker is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday at Manchester United Methodist Church in Manchester.
Walker died June 5 in Paktika province, Afghanistan, after his unit was hit by enemy fire. KSDK-TV reports his body arrived in St. Louis on Saturday.
Gov. Jay Nixon has ordered that flags across the state be flown at half-staff Monday in Walker’s honor.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Police Chase in Illinois Ends with Crash in St. Louis
- Trucker Fell Asleep: Says Illinois Highway Patrol
- Kentucky Men Arrested for Kidnapping Man Who Broke Free in St. Louis
- Countertop Draft Beer Dispenser From St. Louis About to Hit Market
- Man Accused of Throwing Brick at Police During Protest
- Edwardsville Dispatcher Accused in Theft Investigation