Missouri Soldier to Be Laid to Rest
MANCHESTER, Mo. (AP) – A soldier from eastern Missouri who died in Afghanistan will be laid to rest.
The funeral for 20-year-old Pfc. Matthew Walker is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday at Manchester United Methodist Church in Manchester.
Walker died June 5 in Paktika province, Afghanistan, after his unit was hit by enemy fire. KSDK-TV reports his body arrived in St. Louis on Saturday.
Gov. Jay Nixon has ordered that flags across the state be flown at half-staff Monday in Walker’s honor.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Ft. Leonard Wood Trains for Tornado Aftermaths
- Vietnam War Vet Receives Air Medal After Oversight
- Police: Woman Was Using Heroin While Driving With Child
- Ramsey: ‘Train Officers to Establish and Strengthen Communities Trust’
- SLMPD Holds 29th Annual Police Memorial Breakfast
- USDA Files Complaint Over Treatment of Circus Elephants