Missouri Soldier to Be Laid to Rest
Get Breaking News First
MANCHESTER, Mo. (AP) - A soldier from eastern Missouri who died in Afghanistan will be laid to rest.
The funeral for 20-year-old Pfc. Matthew Walker is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday at Manchester United Methodist Church in Manchester.
Walker died June 5 in Paktika province, Afghanistan, after his unit was hit by enemy fire. KSDK-TV reports his body arrived in St. Louis on Saturday.
Gov. Jay Nixon has ordered that flags across the state be flown at half-staff Monday in Walker’s honor.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- UPDATE: Woman Shot, Killed in North St. Louis Was Bystander Walking with Grandchildren
- St. Louis Man Charged With Rape
- Lawyer for Bicyclist Says Sunset Hills Mayor Receiving Special Treatment from Police
- Fast Food Workers Rally for $15 Wage, Right to Form Union
- Police Coax Burglar Down From Tree With Water, E-Cigarettes
- Stenger: Dooley Has Conflict of Interest in Burning Bridgeton Landfill