Missouri Soldier to Be Laid to Rest
Get Breaking News First
MANCHESTER, Mo. (AP) - A soldier from eastern Missouri who died in Afghanistan will be laid to rest.
The funeral for 20-year-old Pfc. Matthew Walker is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday at Manchester United Methodist Church in Manchester.
Walker died June 5 in Paktika province, Afghanistan, after his unit was hit by enemy fire. KSDK-TV reports his body arrived in St. Louis on Saturday.
Gov. Jay Nixon has ordered that flags across the state be flown at half-staff Monday in Walker’s honor.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Ranks Seventh Best Metro Area for Recreation
- Search for Missing Ste. Genevieve County Woman Continues
- Federal Prisoner in Missouri Medical Center Dies
- Asian Carp Cooking Demonstrations Part of Tourney
- Hearing Over Release of FBI Report on Ed Mueth Set for August 8
- Power Outage Affects Nearly 1,500