Quinn Says Obama Library Belongs in Chicago
CHICAGO (AP) - Gov. Pat Quinn says an Obama presidential library should be in Chicago, but he doesn’t have a favorite site.
The Chicago Democrat spoke to reporters after an unrelated event on Monday, the day of a deadline to submit initial proposals for a library location.
Several Chicago institutions have said they’re interested, including the University of Chicago and the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Quinn says the sites that want the library should work together. He says having the library in Chicago would bring in jobs and boost tourism.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel hasn’t picked his ideal site but says he’d like to see the library on Chicago’s South Side, where he says it would have the most potential to spur development and jobs.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Tom Schweich Talked with Danforth Aide Moments Before He Took His Life
- Coming Up with the Cash to Pay for Sewer System Upgrades
- Michael Brown’s Parents Announce Civil Lawsuit
- Ferguson Protesters Return to Police Headquarters
- Gov. Nixon Responds To DOJ’s Ferguson Report
- Darren Wilson ‘Relieved’ at No Charges From Feds