Quinn Says Obama Library Belongs in Chicago
CHICAGO (AP) - Gov. Pat Quinn says an Obama presidential library should be in Chicago, but he doesn’t have a favorite site.
The Chicago Democrat spoke to reporters after an unrelated event on Monday, the day of a deadline to submit initial proposals for a library location.
Several Chicago institutions have said they’re interested, including the University of Chicago and the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Quinn says the sites that want the library should work together. He says having the library in Chicago would bring in jobs and boost tourism.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel hasn’t picked his ideal site but says he’d like to see the library on Chicago’s South Side, where he says it would have the most potential to spur development and jobs.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Gov. Quinn Pledges To Live On $79 For Week
- 92-Year-Old Woman Uses Family Bible To Prove To Voter Registration Officials She Was Born In The USA
- Missouri Dairy Farmers Urge Veto Override
- State Sen. Nasheed Calls on AG Holder to Investigate Shooting
- Several Groups Call for Right to Farm Vote Recount
- Sharpton: Something Wrong With The US, Fixes Needed