ST. CHARLES, Mo. (KMOX) – St. Charles Police tell KMOX the suspect in the robbery of a Bank of America is in custody awaiting formal charges.
The suspect is identified as Joseph D. Meyers, 47, of the 12700 block of Missouri Bottom Road in Hazelwood, Missouri.
Meyers is currently being held on the charge of attempted robbery in the first degree and making a terrorist threat with a bond set at $100,000 cash only.
Around 9:15 a.m. Monday, St. Charles patrol officers responded to the Bank of America located at 1311 S. 5th Street for a report of a robbery.
Preliminary investigation revealed that a white male approached a teller and indicated there was bomb in the building and that the bank was being robbed. The suspect got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
The location was checked for explosives by the St. Louis Metropolitan Airport Police bomb canine unit, and no explosives were located.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- VIDEO: Attempted Robbery in Costco Parking Lot
- Real-Life Superhero ‘Citizen Saint’ Patrols North St. Louis County Streets
- Granite City Man Accused of Shooting Dog in Face
- Police Arrest Six Men in Connection to Auto Repair Shop Burglaries
- Danger in St. Louis County Parks Due to Pokemon Go
- Blagojevich Won’t Attend Resentencing; to Take Part by Video