EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. (AP) – East St. Louis police are investigating the second shooting death in three years in the same house.
Police Chief Michael Floore says the gunfire Tuesday killed one man and wounded another in the single-story rental home. Their identities and the survivor’s condition were not immediately made public.
There was no immediate word on any arrests or charges.
The killing was the second in the home since January 2011. That’s when Christopher Rush was gunned down and another man was injured a day before Rush’s 26th birthday. Two men later were convicted of home invasion.
Illinois State Police are assisting in the investigation.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- 6 in Critical Condition, 1 Dead After Shooting in North St. Louis
- New York Women Arrested in Missouri Cigarette Scheme
- Police: Beaten Man Arrives at Hospital with Mouth Glued Shut
- Police: Suspect in Custody in Connection with Deadly MetroLink Shooting
- MetroLink Says Turnstiles Are Too Expensive
- St. Louis Jury Finds Woman Guilty of Poisoning Son