Police: 2nd Shooting Death in Same Home Since 2011
EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. (AP) - East St. Louis police are investigating the second shooting death in three years in the same house.
Police Chief Michael Floore says the gunfire Tuesday killed one man and wounded another in the single-story rental home. Their identities and the survivor’s condition were not immediately made public.
There was no immediate word on any arrests or charges.
The killing was the second in the home since January 2011. That’s when Christopher Rush was gunned down and another man was injured a day before Rush’s 26th birthday. Two men later were convicted of home invasion.
Illinois State Police are assisting in the investigation.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- U.S. Considers Banning Type of Popular Rifle Ammunition
- Former Chief Fitch Sees Lose-Lose Scenario for Ferguson with DOJ Action
- Person of Interest Sought in 2014 Homicide
- Chief Dotson Blasts Amendment Allowing Felons to be Armed
- Nebraska Police Find Marijuana Inside Container Labeled ‘Not Weed’
- Funeral Services Planned for Victims of Tyrone Shooting