Study: The Safest States for Teen Drivers
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Summer is the busiest time for teens to get their drivers licenses nationwide.
So, which state is the safest for teen drivers?
According to a study from WalletHub, New York is the safest and South Dakota the worst.
Illinois is number 3 on the list, while Missouri is number 42.
This study says Illinois has the best driving laws in the nation, with excellent graduated driver licensing rules and strong distracted driving and texting laws.
Illinois also has the second lowest number of teen DUI violations per teen licensed driver. Missouri is 32nd on that list.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- VIDEO: Police Release Surveillance Footage From Looting In North St. Louis
- Man Arrested, Charged in Shooting Death of Jamyla Bolden
- Medical Examiner: Ball-Bey Suffered Severed Spinal Cord
- Man Poses as Utility Worker, Steals Once Inside Homes
- Creve Coeur Man Among St. Louis’ Latest Murder Victims
- 3-Year-Old Hit by Stray Bullet in St. Louis