Bystander Injured in Rolling Gun Battle
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A man sitting outside a popular downtown bar was wounded early this morning by a stray bullet.
The victim was sitting on the patio of the Broadway Oyster Bar, a couple blocks south of Busch Stadium, at about 2 a.m. when a rolling gun battle went through the White Castle across the street.
As the occupants of the two cars fired shots at each other, a bullet flew across Gratiot Street and hit the man in the shoulder.
He’s in stable condition right now. Investigators will likely be looking for surveillance video that will show the vehicles involved, but so far they have no suspects.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Wanted Belleville Man Surrenders to St. Louis Police
- Former Police Chief: National Anti-Police Trend is Growing
- Registered Voters Exceed Population in 17 Illinois Counties
- Blunt Administration Lawyer Pleads Guilty In Utah
- SCOTUS Considers Appeal Before Missouri Execution for Rape, Murder
- Missouri Governor’s Son Cited for Driving While Intoxicated