Bicyclist Killed In Hit-And-Run
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - St. Louis police continue their search for two drivers blamed for Friday night’s deadly hit and run accident in north St. Louis.
Charles Beard, 54, of St. Louis was killed around 9 p.m. Friday while riding his bike on Cook Avenue near Sarah.
Police say two cars were speeding when the drivers lost control and hit Beard.
Authorities say he was wearing full cycling gear with reflectors when he was struck.
One of the vehicles, a black and maroon 2006 Grand Prix, was later recovered in the 4700 block of Kensington.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Motorist Hit in the Face by Biker
- Court: Toddler Beaten To Death Over Cake
- PHOTOS: Police Search for Suspects in Fatal Shooting of Grandmother Caught in Crossfire
- Boy, 16, Accused of Lincoln Co. Car Break-Ins
- Mom Gets Probation for Providing Underage Son Alcohol Before Fatal Crash
- 19-Year-Old Hospitalized After Police Standoff