Bicyclist Killed In Hit-And-Run
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – St. Louis police continue their search for two drivers blamed for Friday night’s deadly hit and run accident in north St. Louis.
Charles Beard, 54, of St. Louis was killed around 9 p.m. Friday while riding his bike on Cook Avenue near Sarah.
Police say two cars were speeding when the drivers lost control and hit Beard.
Authorities say he was wearing full cycling gear with reflectors when he was struck.
One of the vehicles, a black and maroon 2006 Grand Prix, was later recovered in the 4700 block of Kensington.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Glendale Man Charged for Shooting in Kirkwood
- Police Arrest Suspect in Attempted Carjacking, Robbery
- St. Louis Man Missing for Two Weeks
- Police: Man Shoots Daughter, 7, in Hand in Kansas City
- Child Homicides Taking Toll in Kansas City Metropolitan Area
- Police: Officer Shortage in County Due to Lack of Quality Applicants