Several STL250 Cakes Yet to Be Released
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - If you want to have your cake and eat it, too—or take a picture of it, too—you’ll have to wait.
Especially if that cake is one of the fiberglass STL250 cakes celebrating the city’s birthday.
If you are one of the so-called competitive cake hunters, the people or groups trying to find and photograph all 250 cakes, you’re probably thinking that they aren’t all out there.
It turns out that’s true, because not all of the 250 cakes are finished.
“We have about another nine cakes to go before we hit 250, and we’re finalizing those locations and the decorations of those cakes, and really should have them out in the next couple of weeks,” says Erin Budde, volunteer director of STL250.
She says getting the artists to decorate the cakes hasn’t been a challenge, but educating people about what the meaning of the project has been.
Budde says the STL250 website gets 17,000 hits a week and 10,000 have downloaded the apps to find the cakes and learn about the history of the location.
She says the cakes, including the final nine, will be in position until December, so fans have six more months to find them all.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- SSM Parting Ways With Neurosurgeon Who Operated on Wrong Side of Woman’s Brain
- Fire Department Takes Closer Look at Food Trucks After Philly Explosion
- Suspect in String of Car Break-Ins Arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect Charged in Fatal North St. Louis Stabbing
- Dooley Campaign Tweets Accuse Stenger Of ‘Making Deals with Hobby Lobby’
- MoDOT: ‘In No Way Involved’ in Amendment Seven Campaigning