Spurned Man Throws Dog out Third-Story Window
Get Breaking News First
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) - Springfield police say a man who was spurned by a woman broke into her apartment and threw her small dog to its death from a third-story window.
Twenty-three-year-old William Rabourn was charged this week with felony burglary and felony stealing an animal. Prosecutors are seeking to add a misdemeanor animal abuse charge. In Missouri, animal abuse is a misdemeanor on a first offense, unless the animal is tortured or mutilated.
Police says the dog’s owner spurned Rabourn’s advances Saturday night while they were on a party bus.
A witness told police she saw Rabourn break into the woman’s apartment, and then throw the 8-month-old Maltese-poodle mix named Oliver out of a window.
The Springfield News-Leader reports Rabourn posted bond of $15,000 and was released from jail Tuesday.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- FBI Director: ‘We Have Flooded’ Ferguson With Agents
- ‘Time To Kill A Cop': Ferguson Protesters Throw Urine, Bottles At Police
- Chris Christie: Politicians, News Anchors Making Spectacle of Ferguson
- Ferguson Looter: ‘I’m Proud Of Us, We Deserve This’
- Facebook Page Supporting Officer Who Fatally Shot Michael Brown Surpasses 30K ‘Likes’
- Expert: Autopsy Reveals Eyewitness Accounts That Brown Was Shot In Back Are ‘False’