Spurned Man Throws Dog out Third-Story Window
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) - Springfield police say a man who was spurned by a woman broke into her apartment and threw her small dog to its death from a third-story window.
Twenty-three-year-old William Rabourn was charged this week with felony burglary and felony stealing an animal. Prosecutors are seeking to add a misdemeanor animal abuse charge. In Missouri, animal abuse is a misdemeanor on a first offense, unless the animal is tortured or mutilated.
Police says the dog’s owner spurned Rabourn’s advances Saturday night while they were on a party bus.
A witness told police she saw Rabourn break into the woman’s apartment, and then throw the 8-month-old Maltese-poodle mix named Oliver out of a window.
The Springfield News-Leader reports Rabourn posted bond of $15,000 and was released from jail Tuesday.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Illinois Inmate Escapes From Jail After Beating A Guard Into Unconsciousness
- Man Charged in Shooting Officers in Ferguson Discusses It In Jail Audio
- Illinois Group Trying to Get More Rape Victims to Report to Police
- Man Gets 10 Years in Prison in Attack of Monk
- Was the MetroLink Beating a Hate Crime?
- Sexual Assault Charges Filed against Fairview Heights Man