PATOKA, Ill. (KMOX) – A crude oil spill at the end of a major interstate and international pipeline in Patoka, has closed Highway 51 just north of Patoka and about 80 miles east of St. Louis.
Officials say the leak occurred in one of the lines at the Patoka Tank Farm, a holding area for half a dozen major oil refiners who process the crude.
Marion County sheriff’s deputies say the crude oil seeped into the ground on the tank farm property and ended up in a roadside ditch off U.S. 51.
Detours on Highway 51 are in place with the word from highway officials that the road should be reopened sometime Monday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- President Trump’s Budget Could Prevent Metrolink Expansion
- Hackers Threaten to Wipe Apple Devices Through iCloud
- Sen. Blunt Voices Support and Optimism in Gorsuch Nomination
- Exercising While Pregnant Shown to Improve Overall Health
- St. Louis Zoo’s Grizzly Ridge Opens in September
- Mo. Advances Prescription Monitoring Bill