PATOKA, Ill. (KMOX) – A crude oil spill at the end of a major interstate and international pipeline in Patoka, has closed Highway 51 just north of Patoka and about 80 miles east of St. Louis.
Officials say the leak occurred in one of the lines at the Patoka Tank Farm, a holding area for half a dozen major oil refiners who process the crude.
Marion County sheriff’s deputies say the crude oil seeped into the ground on the tank farm property and ended up in a roadside ditch off U.S. 51.
Detours on Highway 51 are in place with the word from highway officials that the road should be reopened sometime Monday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- University of Missouri Receives Diversity Recommendations
- Missouri Governor Sometimes Commuting To Work From St. Louis
- Jimmy John’s Agrees to End Non-Compete Deals in Illinois
- 8 People Indicted for Smash-and-Grab at Missouri Saks Store
- U.S. Steel CEO: 10k Jobs Could Return to United States
- Elizabeth Snyder Shares Moving Photos Honoring Late Husband