Police: Woman Lights Fire Inside Home To Kill Spider
Get Breaking News First
HUTCHINSON, Kan. (CBS St. Louis) – A woman was arrested after officials say she lit a pile of towels on fire in attempt to kill a spider.
Deputy Fire Chief Doug Hanen explained in a press release that firefighters found clothing smoldering inside the doorway and found light smoke coming from the woman’s half of the duplex, Hutchinson News reported.
Firefighters also found other points of origin for the fire that they were able to bring under control in a few minutes, Hanen stated.
No one was injured in there fire and no structural damage was found.
Authorities arrested Ginny M. Griffith on a charge of aggravated arson, since the other half of the duplex was also occupied.
She told police that she used a cigarette lighter to start the fire.
Griffith is being held in Reno County jail in lieu of $7,500 bond.