STERLING, Ill. (KMOX) – Illinois State Police investigators are seeking the assistance of the public for any information into a death investigation that occurred on Tuesday, July 1 at the Willow Creek Rest stop on I-39 southbound at the 84 mile marker.
A report of an unresponsive female at approximately 8:30 p.m. at the Willow Creek Rest stop was made by a rest stop attendant, who discovered the female victim. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video from the rest stop and have determined that a female exited the rest room and was attacked by a male subject.
State Police have identified Terence Doddy, 36, of Rockford as a person of interest in this investigation.
Doddy is currently wanted by the Rockford Police Department for a murder that occurred on June 30 in Rockford.
Doddy was observed leaving the scene in the victim’s vehicle, a Gray 2013 Nissan Altima, bearing Illinois license plates BARGMN 2. Investigators have issued law enforcement alerts nationwide.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact 911 or the ISP Zone 2 office at 815-632-4010.
Law enforcement officials are also urging the public to take the necessary safety precautions when visiting rest stop areas.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- State Reps. Propose Independent Investigations in Police Killings
- CAIR Stands with Jewish Community After Vadalism
- Suspect Dead After Officer-Involved Shooting in South St. Louis
- Police to Identify Human Remains Found Near Cahokia
- Gov Greitens, County Executive Stenger Condemn Jewish Cemetery Vandals
- Preliminary Trial Date Set For Accused Killers of Local KKK Leader