North County Woman Refuses to Pay Mortgage or Leave Home
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - One woman in North St. Louis County says she’s not going to pay her mortgage until JP Morgan Chase gives her some answers about their mortgage lending practices.
Debbie Frazin says she refinanced her home loan about a year and a half ago with a small local company, and then it was sold off to JP Morgan Chase.
“They are not willing to provide me any of these questions after I sent three letters,” she says. “After I sent three letters, didn’t get the responses I was asking for, determined they were taking fraudulent action, I stopped paying out of principle.”
She says she’s been in foreclosure since January, but vows that she won’t leave her home.
When asked if she would consider paying her mortgage if the company sent the documents she wanted, she said “it’s too late for that now.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- McCulloch: Witness No. 40 Not Only Witness with Credibility Issues
- Gov. Quinn Names Comptroller to Replace Topinka
- Prepackaged Caramel Apples Linked to 4 Deaths
- State Rep Calls for Investigation of McCulloch
- UPDATED: Small Town Sued by Mo. Attorney General No-Shows for Traffic Court
- UPDATED: Teen Says She Escaped From Kidnapper in Jennings