Two Teens Safe After Going Missing While Camping
WASHINGTON, Mo. (KMOX) - Two 13-year-olds are back with their parents this morning after going missing while camping in Franklin County yesterday.
After their two families had lunch at the Little Indian Creek Campground off Highway K, the boy and girl took off on a bike ride.
But when they didn’t return in a half hour, their parents became concerned.
After they searched the area they called for help. That’s when sheriff’s deputies, firefighters, the Highway Patrol, conservation agents and the St. Louis County Police helicopter were called in.
About four hours later, the children ran into a woman near a firing range in a conservation area at Highways A and 185, a few miles from where they had started. She drove them to an area where they could get cell phone reception, and they called 911.
The children say they became disoriented while riding on a horse trail. They’re fine now.
Also safe now are a woman and her 8-year-old son who were missing in Meramec State Park in Franklin County overnight. The Sheriff’s department got the first call before 9:30. The two were found nearly 2.5 hours later.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trucker Fell Asleep: Says Illinois Highway Patrol
- Kentucky Men Arrested for Kidnapping Man Who Broke Free in St. Louis
- Countertop Draft Beer Dispenser From St. Louis About to Hit Market
- Man Accused of Throwing Brick at Police During Protest
- Edwardsville Dispatcher Accused in Theft Investigation
- Army Corps of Engineers Seeks to Soothe Coldwater Creek Concerns