ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The city’s health department director says it should serve as a reminder that fireworks are dangerous.
Via Twitter, Pam Walker announced Sunday that St. Louis area hospitals treated 17 fireworks-related injuries from Thursday through Saturday, including nine on the day after Independence Day alone.
Walker added that adults should keep children from potentially getting a crippling injury by keeping fireworks out of their reach.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- MSD Confirms Fenton Plant Won’t Be Back Online Until Spring
- TV Documentary Crew Investigates 2003 Boone County Murder
- Music, P.E. Not Going Away in Hazelwood Schools
- Crown Candy Expects Rush for Valentines Day
- Green Tight-Lipped Ahead of Expected Testimony Next Week
- Former Bank Manager Sentenced for Staged Robbery