ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The city’s health department director says it should serve as a reminder that fireworks are dangerous.
Via Twitter, Pam Walker announced Sunday that St. Louis area hospitals treated 17 fireworks-related injuries from Thursday through Saturday, including nine on the day after Independence Day alone.
Walker added that adults should keep children from potentially getting a crippling injury by keeping fireworks out of their reach.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night
- Scientists Say It’s Okay to Eat Bugs
- Austin Peterson Adds His Name to Senate Race