ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The city’s health department director says it should serve as a reminder that fireworks are dangerous.
Via Twitter, Pam Walker announced Sunday that St. Louis area hospitals treated 17 fireworks-related injuries from Thursday through Saturday, including nine on the day after Independence Day alone.
Walker added that adults should keep children from potentially getting a crippling injury by keeping fireworks out of their reach.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- J.C. Penney to Close 13 to 14 Percent of Stores
- Lawyers Want to Settle in July Involuntary Manslaughter Case
- Cecil Brings an ‘All In’ Mentality to Cardinals Bullpen
- Loop Trolley Pushed Back to Summer
- Mo. House Votes to Lower Unemployment Benefits
- Common Heartburn Drugs Could Cause Kidney Disease