Fireworks Injuries Add Up
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The city’s health department director says it should serve as a reminder that fireworks are dangerous.
Via Twitter, Pam Walker announced Sunday that St. Louis area hospitals treated 17 fireworks-related injuries from Thursday through Saturday, including nine on the day after Independence Day alone.
Walker added that adults should keep children from potentially getting a crippling injury by keeping fireworks out of their reach.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Local Study Outlines Alzheimer’s Disease Risk Factors
- McCaskill Talks Agriculture, Iran Agreement and Trump
- West Nile Virus Kills Elderly Man From Chicago South Suburb
- Services Set for Missouri Highway Patrol Trooper
- Missouri Man Robs 6 Banks, Uses Bicycle to Get Away
- Supremacist Convicted of Killing 3 at Kansas Jewish Sites