ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The city’s health department director says it should serve as a reminder that fireworks are dangerous.
Via Twitter, Pam Walker announced Sunday that St. Louis area hospitals treated 17 fireworks-related injuries from Thursday through Saturday, including nine on the day after Independence Day alone.
Walker added that adults should keep children from potentially getting a crippling injury by keeping fireworks out of their reach.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis County Man Reported Missing
- UFCW Local 655 Approve Schnucks’ Three-Year Contract
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car to Donate $10M Annually to Food Banks
- Vatican Issues New Rules for Catholics on Cremation
- Annual St. Louis Book Fair Moves to New Location in 2017
- Missouri Rep. Candidate Accused of Rape Won’t Face Charges