ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The city’s health department director says it should serve as a reminder that fireworks are dangerous.
Via Twitter, Pam Walker announced Sunday that St. Louis area hospitals treated 17 fireworks-related injuries from Thursday through Saturday, including nine on the day after Independence Day alone.
Walker added that adults should keep children from potentially getting a crippling injury by keeping fireworks out of their reach.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Rams WR Bailey Has Surgery After Being Shot in Florida
- Rauner Pardons Man Found Innocent of 1999 Attack
- Students for Planned Parenthood Frustrated by Mizzou Leader
- Tips Sought In Domino’s Armed Robbery
- Police Need Help To Find Man Missing Since September
- Rams Will Play a Home Game in London in 2016-17 Season