Fireworks Injuries Add Up
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The city’s health department director says it should serve as a reminder that fireworks are dangerous.
Via Twitter, Pam Walker announced Sunday that St. Louis area hospitals treated 17 fireworks-related injuries from Thursday through Saturday, including nine on the day after Independence Day alone.
Walker added that adults should keep children from potentially getting a crippling injury by keeping fireworks out of their reach.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Washington University Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri Woman To Backpack From Argentina To Alaska
- Two Fatal Crashes In St. Louis Region
- Saturday Night Shooting Leaves Man In Critical Condition
- Ameren Announces $2.5 Million Program For Ferguson
- Scottrade Says Hack May Have Affected 4.6M Customers