Fireworks Injuries Add Up
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The city’s health department director says it should serve as a reminder that fireworks are dangerous.
Via Twitter, Pam Walker announced Sunday that St. Louis area hospitals treated 17 fireworks-related injuries from Thursday through Saturday, including nine on the day after Independence Day alone.
Walker added that adults should keep children from potentially getting a crippling injury by keeping fireworks out of their reach.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- New App ‘Goober’ Is Like ‘Uber’ Except It’s Allowed in St. Louis
- Mehlville Not Allowing Teachers Out of Contracts
- 30 Drownings in Missouri, Surpasses Last Year’s Total
- Rev. Sharpton Will be in Ferguson for March, Vigil
- St. Louis City Barbershops to Help Lower STD’s
- $180 Million Bond Issue- St. Louis Fire Dept Wants Upgrades