Cardinals Recall Lyons, Option Gonzales to Memphis
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The St. Louis Cardinals recalled left-handed pitcher Tyler Lyons from Memphis (AAA) and optioned left-handed pitcher Marco Gonzales to Memphis today.
Lyons, 26, was 0-3 with a 6.12 ERA in six appearances covering four starts in St. Louis from April 21 through May 12, before a left shoulder strain placed him on the 15-day disabled list on May 13. He made two rehab starts, one in Springfield (AA) on June 9 and another in Memphis on June 14 before being reinstated on June 19 and optioned to Memphis where he had three additional starts.
Gonzalez, 22, made three starts in St. Louis posting an 0-2 record with a 7.07 ERA in 14.0 innings and 10 strikeouts. The rookie made his Major League debut on June 25 in front of his home state crowd at Colorado just 384 days after being the Cardinals first overall pick in the 2013 MLB First-Year Player Draft. He was 5-4 with a 1.89 ERA in 13 starts between Palm Beach (A) and Springfield (AA). This will be his first action in Triple-A Memphis.
- Aeneas Williams: “I Never Wanted to Just Be a Player”
- Cameron Wake’s Greatness Transcends Beyond Gridiron In 2014 NFL Season
- Rams Home Getting Stat Monitoring System
- Sports Hub: Joe Sheehan, Aeneas Williams, Joan Niesen
- Rams Secondary Expects Better 2014
- Sports Open Line: Kevin Demoff, Bob Nightengale, T.J. Moe & E.J. Gaines, Matt Norlander