SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) – Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Rauner Signs Bill to Punish Trafficking Guns into Illinois
- New Poll Out — Is The ‘Show Me State’ Back to Being a Bellwether State?
- Former Missouri State Sen. Betty Sims Dies
- New Allegations in Absentee Voter Case
- Gov. Rauner Signs Package of Criminal Justice Legislation
- County Councilman Wants to Raise Minimum Age to Buy Cigarettes