New Boating Rules Ready in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) - Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Board Votes to Shut Down New Life Evangelistic Center
- Toby Keith To Headline Rauner Inaugural Concert
- Fake Signatures Suspected in Early Voting Measure
- ACLU Asks Court to Halt Punishment of Student Who Participated in Silent Protest
- POLL: Police Killings of Unarmed Blacks Top Story of 2014
- Abortion Bills Not at Top of Mo. Stack in 2015