SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) – Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Multiple Anit-Trump Protests Planned at Sen. Blunt’s Office Tuesday
- Missouri K9 Friends Lobby Against ‘Dangerous Dog Ordinance’ in Florissant
- Missouri Bill Requires Missing Firearms to Be Reported
- OPINION: Was The Women’s March Useful?
- Plan for Downtown MLS Stadium ‘Running Out of Mulligans’
- Could Missouri Students Work from Home on Snow Days?