SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) – Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Sierra Club Vows Fight vs Clean Air Rules Rollback
- Local Republicans Share Opinions on Health Care Debacle
- New Facebook ‘Townhall’ Feature Goes Political
- Criminal Justice Ministry Says Lost Funding Will Cost Taxpayers More
- MLS Commissioner: ‘Without Props 1 & 2 – There Is No Team’
- Greitens to Sign Missouri Expert Witness Bill