SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) – Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Incoming State Lawmaker Accuses Future Colleague Of Rape
- US Official: Hackers Targeted Election Systems Of 20 States
- Could This Year’s Election Cause Friendship Break-Ups?
- Supporters of Greitens, Koster Trade Jabs at Dueling Events
- Early Voting Kicks Off in Illinois
- Krewson For Mayor Opens Campaign Headquarters