New Boating Rules Ready in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) - Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Tom Schweich Talked with Danforth Aide Moments Before He Took His Life
- Coming Up with the Cash to Pay for Sewer System Upgrades
- Michael Brown’s Parents Announce Civil Lawsuit
- Ferguson Protesters Return to Police Headquarters
- Gov. Nixon Responds To DOJ’s Ferguson Report
- Darren Wilson ‘Relieved’ at No Charges From Feds