New Boating Rules Ready in Illinois
Get Breaking News First
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) - Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Obama Eats Ribs With 4 Kansas City Letter Writers
- Illinois to Ask Voters About Taxing Millionaires
- The Mark Reardon Show – 7/29/14 – Mike Deering, Kathy Warnick
- Steve Stenger Talks Children’s Services Fund, Google Fiber, City-County Merger
- Expert: Primaries Often More Important Than General Elections
- Gov. Nixon: Illegal Immigrant Children Don’t Strain State Resources