SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) – Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- More Input Gathered On Ferguson Consent Decree Proposal
- Rep. Curtis Drops Restraining Order Against Rep. Butler
- STL Board of Aldermen Votes to Investigate Claims of Stadium Bribery
- Missouri Senate Votes to Ban Traffic-Ticket Quotas
- Lawmakers, Governor Quarrel Over UM System Woes
- Maryland Heights Council Approves RFP For Kroenke Associate’s Dream Project