SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) – Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Rauner Signs Plan Limiting Mentally Ill From Owning Guns
- Harsh Anti-Clinton Tweets Posted On University City Account
- St. Louis County Hopes to Avoid Repeat of April Election Problems
- KMOX on the Campaign Trail with Catherine Hanaway
- KMOX on the Campaign Trail with Peter Kinder
- Recent Poll Shows Illinois Democrats Favor Durbin for Governor in 2018