New Boating Rules Ready in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOX) - Gov. Pat Quinn has signed several laws aimed at increasing boater safety.
The Chicago Democrat signed the three measures at a ceremony on the shores of Lake Michigan over the weekend.
The new measures apply statewide and require safety courses, create rules for towing people on water tubes or skis and impose stricter boater drunk driving penalties.
All the laws take effect next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Scott AFB Plays Part in Ebola Fight
- Isom Named New Director of Missouri Department of Public Safety
- Ellisville Gets New Stores to Fill Its Empty Buildings
- Gov. Rauner Picks St. Louis Native as Senior Adviser
- Missouri Cities Added to Lawsuits Over Traffic Fine Revenues
- Text of Missouri GOP Response to State of State Address