ST. LOUIS (AP) – A section of Interstate 44 in St. Louis will be closed in both directions this weekend for work that is part of the project to renovate the area around the Gateway Arch.
The Missouri Department of Transportation will close I-44 from Broadway near the Edward Jones Dome to the Poplar Street Bridge. The Eads Bridge will be closed. The closure is from 8 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Crews will place girders over the interstate as part of the project that will place a park over the roadway, which will better allow movement between the Arch grounds and the rest of downtown. It’s part of a $380 million upgrade of the area around the iconic monument.
MoDOT plans detours to help motorists get around the closure.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Countdown to Trump: Taxes And Your Money
- St. Louis Mayoral Candidates Face-Off at Mayoral Forum
- U.S. Appeals Court Reinstates Suit Over Missouri Alcohol Ads
- Missourians to Take Part in Inaugural Activities, Ceremonies
- Missouri, Illinois Provide Inauguration Tickets to Constituents
- New SLU Billiken to Debut at Next Week’s Game