I-44 Section to Close This Weekend
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A section of Interstate 44 in St. Louis will be closed in both directions this weekend for work that is part of the project to renovate the area around the Gateway Arch.
The Missouri Department of Transportation will close I-44 from Broadway near the Edward Jones Dome to the Poplar Street Bridge. The Eads Bridge will be closed. The closure is from 8 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Crews will place girders over the interstate as part of the project that will place a park over the roadway, which will better allow movement between the Arch grounds and the rest of downtown. It’s part of a $380 million upgrade of the area around the iconic monument.
MoDOT plans detours to help motorists get around the closure.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Health Department Procedures for Ebola Not Changing
- House Committee Investigates Highway Patrol after Drowning Death
- Political Science Professor: Coalition’s Strategy Likely Ineffective Punishment
- Fatal Stabbing in South St. Louis Overnight
- Slay Extending Second Chance to Non-Violent, Misdemeanor Offenders
- St. Louis Panel Discusses Police Diversity