MR340 Paddleboat Race Postponed Due to High Water
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KMOX) - The Missouri River race that was set to take place this week has been pushed back due to high water.
Organizers made the announcement this morning after determining that rain-fueled flooding would make the race unsafe for participants of the annual MR340.
The 340-mile long race, which starts in Kansas City and finishes in St. Charles, will now be held August 12-15.
The race was also delayed by flooding three years ago.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Belleville Hospital Issued ‘Intent To Deny’ on Relocation Project
- Two East St. Louis Men Arrested, Wanted in Connection to College Student’s Death
- Youth-Advocacy Group Will Track Dollars Pledged to Ferguson
- St. Louis Mother, Son Injured in Botanical Heights Shooting
- Judge Rebuffs East St. Louis Bid to Retake Housing Authority
- City Hall to Stan Span Homeless Residents: Pack Up and Leave