KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – The Missouri River race that was set to take place this week has been pushed back due to high water.
Organizers made the announcement this morning after determining that rain-fueled flooding would make the race unsafe for participants of the annual MR340.
The 340-mile long race, which starts in Kansas City and finishes in St. Charles, will now be held August 12-15.
The race was also delayed by flooding three years ago.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Child Dies After Florissant Crash
- Downtown Music Fest Contract Canceled
- Feeding An Army On Thanksgiving
- Pro-Choice Missouri Issues Statement On Colorado Clinic Attack
- Two Killed In Friday Crashes, Including Town Mayor
- Police Looking for Help Finding Bank Robber