MR340 Paddleboat Race Postponed Due to High Water
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – The Missouri River race that was set to take place this week has been pushed back due to high water.
Organizers made the announcement this morning after determining that rain-fueled flooding would make the race unsafe for participants of the annual MR340.
The 340-mile long race, which starts in Kansas City and finishes in St. Charles, will now be held August 12-15.
The race was also delayed by flooding three years ago.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Officials Warn Community of New Phone Scam
- New Illinois Law May Help Illegal Gun Sales
- St. Louis Area Health System Endures 20-Hour Computer Outage
- Michael Brown Concert Near U-City Loop Has Police Worried
- Canoeists Set New Record in Paddling from Kansas to Missouri
- Missouri Lawmaker Hinson Pleads Guilty to DWI Near Capitol