MR340 Paddleboat Race Postponed Due to High Water
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – The Missouri River race that was set to take place this week has been pushed back due to high water.
Organizers made the announcement this morning after determining that rain-fueled flooding would make the race unsafe for participants of the annual MR340.
The 340-mile long race, which starts in Kansas City and finishes in St. Charles, will now be held August 12-15.
The race was also delayed by flooding three years ago.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- New Study Shows Midwest Increases in Painkiller Misuse
- Former Florissant Pastor Charged in Theft of Church Funds
- New NFL Stadium Would Be “National Car Rental Field”
- Disaster Plan Developed in Case Fire Reaches Nuclear Waste
- Missouri Man Twice Protected by Castle Doctrine in Killings
- EPA Finds Hazardous Waste Violations at Missouri-Kansas City