Senator Accuses Fair St. Louis of Segregation
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Mincing no words, State Senator Jamilah Nasheed is accusing Fair St. Louis of segregation.
“All of the black artists were put all the way to the back on a smaller stage,” she says.
She says Musiq Soulchild and En Vogue performed on smaller and remote stages even though the main stage wasn’t being used at the time of their performances.
“In 2014, we should not have segregation that blatant,” Nasheed says.
She wants answers to what she calls basic and obvious questions.
“What’s the logic behind that? Why’d you do that?” she says.
Nasheed has written a letter to the Executive Director of the Fair demanding those answers.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- SLMPD Holds 29th Annual Police Memorial Breakfast
- USDA Files Complaint Over Treatment of Circus Elephants
- 10 Get Federal Prison Over El Paso Methamphetamine Ring
- Nixon Commutes Life Sentence For Man Convicted On Marijuana-Related Charges
- Woman Killed With Children in Car
- Police Find Drugs, Stolen Items After High Speed Chase