ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The owner of “Moose” the horse is pointing his finger right back at St. Louis Health Director Pam Walker.
The health director is calling for a ban on horse-drawn carriages because she feels they put too much strain on the animals.
But Jerry Kirk, who owns Brookdale Farms and Moose, says the only problem that the horse had Saturday night was Walker.
“She made that horse stand there for two and a half hours with police officers, telling me that they were going to have a vet check him out and all kinds of things,” he says. “A vet never arrived.”
Speaking as a guest on Total Information AM, Kirk pointed out that Moose is scheduled to undergo an ultra-sound later today to test whether the horse has COPD, as Walker suggests.
Kirk said this was less about real concern for the horse’s health and more about animal rights activists promoting their agenda.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- MSD Project to Demolish 1,000 Buildings Gets Underway
- Blues’ Stastny Listed Week to Week With Lower-Body Injury
- Spring Training First-Timer Covers Cardinals Breaking News
- McCaskill Speaks With Border Patrol on Illegal Immigrants
- Larry Rice Speaks Out Against Prop 2
- A Few Things to Remember on National Puppy Day