ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – U.S. News and World Report is out with its annual Best Hospital rankings.
And once again, Barnes Jewish Hospital makes the 2014-2015 Honor Roll, coming in at number 17 nationwide.
“It ranks the highest in pulmonology, and it ranks high in a lot of other specialties, including cardiology, diabetes, geriatrics, gynecology, so it is among the top hospitals in the country.”
Kimberly Leonard with U.S. News and World Report says other top local hospitals on the high performing list include Missouri Baptist, Mercy Hospital, St. Luke’s Chesterfield, SSM St. Joseph’s Health Center, Barnes Jewish West County Hospital and St. Louis University Hospital.
This year, there was a new number one hospital nationally: the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Family, Friends Gather to Pray at Vigil for Mac Payne
- Demolition Makes Way Through Neighborhood for NGA Site
- 6 in Critical Condition, 1 Dead After Shooting in North St. Louis
- Rev. Larry Rice Continues Fight to Keep NLEC Open
- Brad Underwood Joins U of I as New Men’s Basketball Coach
- Loop Trolley Hits The Tracks This Weekend