ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – U.S. News and World Report is out with its annual Best Hospital rankings.
And once again, Barnes Jewish Hospital makes the 2014-2015 Honor Roll, coming in at number 17 nationwide.
“It ranks the highest in pulmonology, and it ranks high in a lot of other specialties, including cardiology, diabetes, geriatrics, gynecology, so it is among the top hospitals in the country.”
Kimberly Leonard with U.S. News and World Report says other top local hospitals on the high performing list include Missouri Baptist, Mercy Hospital, St. Luke’s Chesterfield, SSM St. Joseph’s Health Center, Barnes Jewish West County Hospital and St. Louis University Hospital.
This year, there was a new number one hospital nationally: the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Family, Fans Mourn for Dominican Pitcher Yordano Ventura
- Missouri Bill Requires Missing Firearms to Be Reported
- Parkway 3rd-Grader, Cancer Survivor Named Ace Hardware All-Star
- Parts of Scott Air Force Base Evacuated in Response to Bomb Threat
- Cloudy Water Alert Issued for St. Louis, St. Charles Counties
- Pamela Hupp Arraignment Pushed Back to Jan. 30