CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) – A 45-year-old man who ended up in a girl’s bed at a St. Louis-area hotel has agreed to a $50,000 settlement.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Daniel Hughes was acquitted in April of criminal charges from a 2011 room mix-up at the Ritz-Carlton in Clayton.
Hughes, of Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, had been out drinking and went to the wrong hotel room after the front desk gave him the wrong key.
The 9-year-old girl claimed Hughes got into her bed and touched her sexually. Hughes’ attorney, Scott Rosenblum, argued that Hughes, who was drunk, thought he was in his own room and that the female in his bed was someone he’d been out. He denied any sexual contact beyond intimate cuddling.
The settlement, approved June 26, relieves Hughes from further claims.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Ballpark Village Phase II Plans Unveiled
- Carjacking Suspect Killed Following Police Pursuit
- New Measure Seeks to Put Cap on Campaign Contributions
- New Recommendations to Help Parents Prevent SIDS
- Public Forum Comes to St. Louis City Ahead of November Election
- New Finding Gives Some Children More “Screen Time”