CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) – A 45-year-old man who ended up in a girl’s bed at a St. Louis-area hotel has agreed to a $50,000 settlement.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Daniel Hughes was acquitted in April of criminal charges from a 2011 room mix-up at the Ritz-Carlton in Clayton.
Hughes, of Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, had been out drinking and went to the wrong hotel room after the front desk gave him the wrong key.
The 9-year-old girl claimed Hughes got into her bed and touched her sexually. Hughes’ attorney, Scott Rosenblum, argued that Hughes, who was drunk, thought he was in his own room and that the female in his bed was someone he’d been out. He denied any sexual contact beyond intimate cuddling.
The settlement, approved June 26, relieves Hughes from further claims.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Blues’ Upshall Focusing on Hockey, Family, Devastated Hometown
- FBI Searching for St. Louis Drug Trafficker, Couriers
- Missouri House Votes to Pass Voter ID Law
- Analysis Adds Fuel to Fight Over Illinois School Funding
- Illinois Drops Plan to Tax Wealthy at Higher Rates
- Missouri House Overrides Veto on Public Union Dues