Man Who Wound Up in Girl’s Bed Settles Lawsuit
Get Breaking News First
CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) - A 45-year-old man who ended up in a girl’s bed at a St. Louis-area hotel has agreed to a $50,000 settlement.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Daniel Hughes was acquitted in April of criminal charges from a 2011 room mix-up at the Ritz-Carlton in Clayton.
Hughes, of Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, had been out drinking and went to the wrong hotel room after the front desk gave him the wrong key.
The 9-year-old girl claimed Hughes got into her bed and touched her sexually. Hughes’ attorney, Scott Rosenblum, argued that Hughes, who was drunk, thought he was in his own room and that the female in his bed was someone he’d been out. He denied any sexual contact beyond intimate cuddling.
The settlement, approved June 26, relieves Hughes from further claims.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Stolen Dump Truck, Boat, ATVs Recovered in Jefferson County
- St. Louis Composting Garden Hotline
- Glen Carbon Man Faces Kiddie Porn Charges
- Police Look for Suspects in Shooting Near Washington Avenue Club
- North St. Louis Shootings Leave Two People Dead
- Protestors Again Take to Streets Over Vonderrit Myers Jr. Shooting