ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Another phase of Forest Park’s renovation is about to get underway.
Visitors can expect the addition of more than 229 new signs, ADA restrooms and comfort stations.
“The additional improvement is a restoration of some comfort station,” he says. “For runners and joggers who use the park in the winter, it will certainly be a welcoming feature to know that there’s going to be warm spots where you can stop and rest for a second.”
St. Louis City Parks Director Gary Bess says while more than $100 million has been spent on Forest Park since 1995, more work needs to be done.
All the money slated for this next phase of improvements has come from private donations.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Downtown STL Inc. Offers Free Download of No. 1 Safety App
- Rauner Extends Medical Marijuana to Add PTSD, Terminal Illness
- Police Search for Missing Overland Boy
- Plans Underway For New I-270 Bridge Over Mississippi River
- 27 New Police Officers Hit STL Streets, Department Still 100 Short
- Emanuel Says Chicago Schools Will Open on Time This Fall