Man Hit, Killed By Speeding Car While Standing in Front Yard
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - The search continues this morning for the three suspects who ran from a speeding car that killed a man last evening while he was standing in his front yard.
Neighbor Roland Flord watched it all happen. Flord says he was sitting on the front porch of his home with his uncle when they saw a car going about 90 miles an hour down the 4200 block of Enright.
Flord watched as the car rolled onto his 56-year-old neighbor, Loyde Henley, who was pronounced dead on the scene.
“They tried to hit the brakes, but it didn’t go to it, and they just jumped the curb, hit the fire extinguisher and started flipping,” he says.
The suspects then climbed out of the wreckage and ran.
Flord says he didn’t just lose a neighbor, but a mentor.
“He always told me about life,” Flord says. “Told me I’ve got to make things happen for myself.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- More School Districts Join Request for a Sunday Grand Jury Announcement
- Rev. Al Sharpton to Arrive in Ferguson for Weekend of Events
- Ferguson Store Owners: Customers ‘Too Scared’ to Bring Business to the Area
- Holder: Sources Leaking Information from Grand Jury Investigation ‘Need to Shut Up’
- McCulloch: ‘No Information or Evidence Has Been Released by the Grand Jury’
- Report: Darren Wilson Expected to be ‘Eased Out’ of Police Department