STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. (KMOX) – Police in Ste. Genevieve are asking for the public’s help in the search for a 52-year-old woman who went missing more than a week ago.
Police say Lynn Marie Messer’s husband called them on the morning of July 8, saying she wasn’t home when he woke up.
Detective Austin Clark says despite an extensive search using dogs, planes and dozens of highway patrol officers, they still haven’t found her.
“On the 15th, we actually set up two checkpoints during the nighttime hours to contact motorists and see if they had any knowledge of what was going on to develop more leads, and we have developed more leads and are working through those,” he says.
Clark says they don’t know what Messer was wearing. She is 160 lbs., 5’2” with gray hair. She might have a limp because she had a broken toe.
He says anyone with information should call the Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff’s Department.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Post-Dispatch Endorses Antonio French For Mayor
- Kansas City’s Mayor Waiting for Meeting Governor Greitens, Mayor Slay Tells of Different Experience
- UPDATE: Amber Alert From Overland, Mo. Cancelled
- One Shooting Victim Dies, Two Others Hospitalized
- Officer-Involved Shooting On Virginia
- Make Route 66 a Historic Trail ?