ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – More Boeing built EA-18G Growler combat planes have been approved for the Navy by the Senate Appropriations Committee.
The spending bill includes $1.3 billion to purchase 12 of the electronic attack planes from Boeing and another $100 million to extend the current production line.
The bill now goes before the full Senate.
Senators Claire McCaskill and Dick Durbin will hold a joint news conference on the St. Louis production line Friday. The line is slated to shut down after 2016 unless it gets more orders.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- St. Louis NAACP: Southwest Creating Discriminatory Environment at Lambert
- St. Charles Will Adhere to Intl. Building Code
- Circuit Court Judge Orders Gun Ban at Saint Louis Zoo
- Madigan: Democrats Draft Budget With 4 Days Left In Session
- Supreme Court Rules for Missouri Church in Playground Case
- Missouri NAACP Issuing Travel Advisory Against the State