ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – More Boeing built EA-18G Growler combat planes have been approved for the Navy by the Senate Appropriations Committee.
The spending bill includes $1.3 billion to purchase 12 of the electronic attack planes from Boeing and another $100 million to extend the current production line.
The bill now goes before the full Senate.
Senators Claire McCaskill and Dick Durbin will hold a joint news conference on the St. Louis production line Friday. The line is slated to shut down after 2016 unless it gets more orders.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Advocates Seek Better Awareness of Safe Haven Baby Laws
- UPDATE: House GOP Abruptly Pulls Troubled Health Care Bill
- Airport Privatization Could Lead to Better Customer Experience
- Ill. at Lowest Unemployment Rate Since 2007
- Missouri Politicians Voice Opinions on Healthcare Reform
- Senate Votes to Limit Internet Privacy