ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – More Boeing built EA-18G Growler combat planes have been approved for the Navy by the Senate Appropriations Committee.
The spending bill includes $1.3 billion to purchase 12 of the electronic attack planes from Boeing and another $100 million to extend the current production line.
The bill now goes before the full Senate.
Senators Claire McCaskill and Dick Durbin will hold a joint news conference on the St. Louis production line Friday. The line is slated to shut down after 2016 unless it gets more orders.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Rauner Signs Plan Limiting Mentally Ill From Owning Guns
- Harsh Anti-Clinton Tweets Posted On University City Account
- St. Louis County Hopes to Avoid Repeat of April Election Problems
- KMOX on the Campaign Trail with Catherine Hanaway
- KMOX on the Campaign Trail with Peter Kinder
- Recent Poll Shows Illinois Democrats Favor Durbin for Governor in 2018