UPDATE: Man Dead in Waterloo Stabbing
WATERLOO, Ill. (KMOX) – A man stabbed multiple times at a Waterloo home late Thursday has died of his wounds.
Two men reportedly began fighting at a home in the 1100 block of Cottonwood near Lakeview Park, and one of them pulled out a knife and stabbed the other multiple times.
Waterloo police say the 28-year-old man who was stabbed was airlifted to a St. Louis hospital with the knife still imbedded in his body.
He died a short time later.
A woman who tried to intervene was cut on the hand and taken to the hospital.
A 20-year-old man has been taken into custody pending charges. No names have been released at this time.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- School Board Member: ‘We Have Prepared Our Students’ to Protest in Ferguson
- Russian Official: Ferguson Highlights ‘Serious Challenges to American Society and its Stability’
- Nixon: More National Guardsmen in St. Louis Tonight
- Report: Body Found Shot to Death, Set Fire Near Apartment Complex Where Michael Brown Died
- NAACP: Grand Jury Decision Not to Indict Darren Wilson a ‘Brutal Injustice’
- Dozens Arrested Monday Night in St. Louis