JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – Concern over a missing Ste. Genevieve County woman has stretched all the way to the nation’s capitol.
Senator Roy Blunt says 52-year-old Lynn Messer disappeared on July 8. She’s the wife of Kerry Messer, a Jefferson City lobbyist who Blunt has known a long time.
Blunt brought up the effort to locate Lynn Messer during his regularly scheduled call with media members this week.
“To try to create a greater sense of people looking for Lynn Messer and I’d hope the press becomes an active part of that,” Blunt says.
Ste. Genevieve County police say traffic checkpoints near the Messers’ home this week developed several new leads, but the search for Lynn Messer continues.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Arrests Made at Galleria Protest
- New Illinois Law Will Let Adults Earn High School Diplomas
- Ed Sheeran Coming to Busch Stadium in Sept. 2018
- Aldermen Unanimously Pass Resolution Honoring Anthony Lamar Smith
- UPDATE: Student Found Dead on WashU Campus
- ACLU Sues City of St. Louis Over Stockley Protest Police Tactics