Search for Missing Ste. Genevieve County Woman Extends to Capitol
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMOX) - Concern over a missing Ste. Genevieve County woman has stretched all the way to the nation’s capitol.
Senator Roy Blunt says 52-year-old Lynn Messer disappeared on July 8. She’s the wife of Kerry Messer, a Jefferson City lobbyist who Blunt has known a long time.
Blunt brought up the effort to locate Lynn Messer during his regularly scheduled call with media members this week.
“To try to create a greater sense of people looking for Lynn Messer and I’d hope the press becomes an active part of that,” Blunt says.
Ste. Genevieve County police say traffic checkpoints near the Messers’ home this week developed several new leads, but the search for Lynn Messer continues.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Nixon: More National Guard in Ferguson
- School Board Member: ‘We Have Prepared Our Students’ to Protest in Ferguson
- Russian Official: Ferguson Highlights ‘Serious Challenges to American Society and its Stability’
- Nixon: More National Guardsmen in St. Louis Tonight
- Brown’s Attorneys Criticize Grand Jury, Prosecutor
- Protests in Clayton Tuesday Following Ferguson Grand Jury Decision