JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – Concern over a missing Ste. Genevieve County woman has stretched all the way to the nation’s capitol.
Senator Roy Blunt says 52-year-old Lynn Messer disappeared on July 8. She’s the wife of Kerry Messer, a Jefferson City lobbyist who Blunt has known a long time.
Blunt brought up the effort to locate Lynn Messer during his regularly scheduled call with media members this week.
“To try to create a greater sense of people looking for Lynn Messer and I’d hope the press becomes an active part of that,” Blunt says.
Ste. Genevieve County police say traffic checkpoints near the Messers’ home this week developed several new leads, but the search for Lynn Messer continues.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- 2 Children Pulled from West End Apartment Fire
- 500 Volunteers Pitch-In For 16th Annual Hardee’s ‘Rise ‘N Shine For Heat’
- Chris Hrabe’s High School Spotlight: De Smet Jesuit Wrestling
- Autopsy Finds 3-Year-Old Titus Tackett Died of Hypothermia
- Mo. Lawmaker Limits Univ. Budget Over Campus Protests
- Missouri Professor Calls Her Protest Actions Embarrassing