Woman Steals Squad Car, Escapes Police Custody
WELLSTON, Mo. (KMOX) – Police in Wellston are searching for a 49-year-old woman who escaped from police custody by stealing a squad car.
The woman was pulled over Thursday for having fake temporary tags on her car. She was handcuffed and placed her in a patrol car.
But while an officer was collecting information, police say the woman was able to get her hands in front of her, slide into the front seat and drive off. She abandoned the car and ran off.
Authorities say the suspect had been arrested previously for assault on a law enforcement officer.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Wanted Belleville Man Surrenders to St. Louis Police
- Former Police Chief: National Anti-Police Trend is Growing
- Registered Voters Exceed Population in 17 Illinois Counties
- Blunt Administration Lawyer Pleads Guilty In Utah
- SCOTUS Considers Appeal Before Missouri Execution for Rape, Murder
- Missouri Governor’s Son Cited for Driving While Intoxicated