ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- 2 Shooting Victims in Critical Condition, After 4 Incidents Sunday
- Car Stolen With Child Inside, Police Release Surveillance Photos
- Vladimir Tarasenko Named Missouri Athletic Club Sports Personality of the Year
- BREAKING: Scottrade Sold To TD Ameritrade
- Suspicious Package Found Before Start Of St. Louis Race
- Plane Crash Kills Two in Tuscumbia, Mo.