ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Real Life Superhero “Citizen Saint” Patrols North St. Louis County Streets
- Granite City Man Accused of Shooting Dog in Face
- Olivette City Leaders Request Proposal for New Multi-Use Building
- St. Louis County Hopes to Avoid Repeat of April Election Problems
- Illinois Seeking New Private Manager for State’s Lottery
- Police Arrest Six Men in Connection to Auto Repair Shop Burglaries