ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Vigil For Woman Fatally Struck By Hit & Run Driver In 2012
- Fighting to Lower Drug Overdose Deaths
- Durbin Seeks National Park Status for Cahokia Mounds
- Lawsuit: 2 Missouri School Officials Slammed Girl to Ground
- Annoying or Passionate? Meet The Dallas Stars’ #BANG Guy
- New Vintage Base Ball Team To Begin Play in Alton