ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Greitens: If State Senator Doesn’t Resign, ‘Steps Will Be Taken to Remove Her’
- Dad Creates App Making Parents’ Texts Impossible For Kids To Ignore
- St. Louis Lambert Airport Lands WOW Air for More International Flights
- Illinois Cancels Voting Session for Education Funding Bill
- Kirkwood Shooting Sends Two to the Hospital
- New Improvements Planned for Forest Park