ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- MSD Project to Demolish 1,000 Buildings Gets Underway
- Blues’ Stastny Listed Week to Week With Lower-Body Injury
- Spring Training First-Timer Covers Cardinals Breaking News
- McCaskill Speaks With Border Patrol on Illegal Immigrants
- Larry Rice Speaks Out Against Prop 2
- A Few Things to Remember on National Puppy Day