Humane Society Rescues 10 Basset Hound Puppies
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Shroud of Turin Conference to be Held in Chesterfield Next Month
- Anheuser-Busch InBev St. Louis Headquarters Important Part of Company, Expert Says
- Nixon Announces SLPS Test Scores Up 18 Points
- Panel Discusses Potential Funding for Road Improvements
- Wentzville GM Assembly Plant Adding Third Shift, 750 Jobs
- Anheuser-Busch ‘Not Yet Satisfied’ With NFL Actions