ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Blues’ Schwartz Out At Least Six Weeks
- Reported Carjacking at St. Peters Mall
- Scottrade Center Financing Lawsuit Dropped
- Second Suspect Charged in Fatal Shooting of St. Louis Man
- Mayor Krewson Blames Guns on Streets for Rise in Homicides
- Top 10 List of EPA’s Worst Superfund Sites Includes West Lake Landfill