Humane Society Rescues 10 Basset Hound Puppies
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Stolen Dump Truck, Boat, ATVs Recovered in Jefferson County
- St. Louis Composting Garden Hotline
- Glen Carbon Man Faces Kiddie Porn Charges
- Police Look for Suspects in Shooting Near Washington Avenue Club
- North St. Louis Shootings Leave Two People Dead
- Protestors Again Take to Streets Over Vonderrit Myers Jr. Shooting