Humane Society Rescues 10 Basset Hound Puppies
ST. LOUIS (AP) - The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Granite City Police Nab Bank Robbery Suspect
- MSD Residential Customers Spared from Billing Issue
- 72-Year-Old Wins Big in New Lottery Game
- Illinois Senate Passes Plan to Fix Budget Hole
- Former Cardinal Curt Ford Punched in Face at St. Louis County Gas Station
- Illinois Congressman Bost Says Granite City Steel Will Come Back