ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Medication Schedules Could be Key to Managing Heart Disease
- Rick Ankiel Drank Vodka Before Starts to Tame Anxiety
- ATF Called in on Bogey Hills Fire Investigation
- Vandals Topple Over 100 Gravestones at Jewish Cemetery
- 17-Year-Old Killed in North St. Louis Shooting
- ATF Helps Investigate St. Charles Country Club Fire