Humane Society Rescues 10 Basset Hound Puppies
ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- TriWest Healthcare Plans to Hire 500 People in Kansas City
- Illinois Courtrooms Facing Shortage of Court Reporters
- Woman Accused in Antifreeze Deaths Wants Statements Tossed
- Cierpiot Elected by Peers to Missouri House Majority Leader
- Woman Sues Credit Reporting Firms for Declaring Her Dead
- DOJ Releases Scathing Report on St. Louis County Family Court