ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Gov. Nixon Pardons 9 People Convicted of Nonviolent Crimes
- Ill. Senate Sends Two More School-Funding Revamps to House
- Fall Groundbreaking Planned for Fenton Logistics Park
- Group Decries Possible Changes to Clean Water Commission
- Wabada Ave. Shooting Death Deemed “Suspicious”
- One Injured in Madison County Two Car Collision