ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Webster University Narrows Investigation into Racist Fliers
- Missouri Peach Grower Sues Monsanto Over Herbicide Use
- 96-Year-Old Describes His ‘Ringside Seat’ at Pearl Harbor
- Salvation Army Weathering Difficult Holiday Season
- Clayton HS Student Brought Loaded Gun to School
- Heroin Crisis Plays Role in St. Charles Co. Sales Tax Holiday Discussions