ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Effort to Get Cannabis Oil to Missouri Residents Starts Slow
- Local Group to Distribute Safe Sex Kits at Area Bars
- Rams WR Bailey Has Surgery After Being Shot in Florida
- Rauner Pardons Man Found Innocent of 1999 Attack
- Students for Planned Parenthood Frustrated by Mizzou Leader
- Tips Sought In Domino’s Armed Robbery