ST. LOUIS (AP) – The Humane Society of Missouri says its Animal Cruelty Task Force has rescued 10 critically ill basset hound puppies from a Missouri breeding facility.
The dogs were taken Friday from a facility in Douglas County. Authorities say all 10 dogs are very thin. Some have pneumonia, parasites, ear and eye infections.
Three other puppies in the litter died before the Humane Society’s involvement. The Humane Society says it is pushing for prosecution of the operator of the facility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- McDonald’s Robbers Enter, Escape Using Drive-Thru Window
- Seoul Taco Unveils New Truck With Monday Special
- National Blues Museum Reports Superb Opening Months
- Nixon Vows to Veto Sweeping Missouri Gun Rights Bill
- Click Appeals Denial of Missouri Unemployment Benefits
- St. Louis Police Chief and Union Fight Over Assault Rifles