STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. (KMOX) – Despite widespread searches and police blockades, there’s still no sign of a Ste. Genevieve woman who vanished from her home two weeks ago.
Lynn Messer, 52, has been missing since July 8, when her husband awoke and was unable to find her.
Ste. Genevieve County sheriff’s lieutenant Lance White says they quickly organized a ground and air search for the missing woman.
“A massive search of approximately 270 acres of farm and surrounding numerous acreage, roads, ponds was conducted in an attempt to locate Lynn Messer,” he says.
He says the search has been expanded with the use of K-9 teams and volunteer searches, including some people from outside the state.
Lynn Messer is described as a 52-year-old white female with long, graying hair and glasses.
A “Find Lynn Messer” Facebook page has been set up for public tips as the search continues.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis’ Largest Skyscraper Is Up For Sale
- Bill Wilkerson Celebration of Life Announcement
- Gateway Motorsports Announces First Annual Lights Display
- Monsanto and Meals of Hope Volunteer for Hunger Awareness
- Marijuana Fines and State Audits Up for Discussion by Aldermen Today
- Local Restaurant Collecting Toys to Replace Burned Donations