14-Year-Old Shot in North St. Louis
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - In north St. Louis County, the Tuesday evening shooting of a 14-year-old has police vowing to put a stop to juvenile gunplay.
“We’re not going to stand for this kind of activity on our streets,” says Sgt. Randy Vaughn, talking about the events that led up to the teen being shot on Redman Road near 367.
It happened around 8:45 p.m., when about two dozen young people in two groups came together.
“At least two of these individuals did not like each other, and exchanged gunfire,” Vaughn says.
One bullet hit the teen in the stomach, others hit nearby homes.
“Unfortunately, when you start exchanging gunfire on a residential street, the background sometimes is residential homes, sometimes it’s 14-year-old kids,” Vaughn says.
The teen is expected to recover. Vaughn says detectives have leads, but have not made an arrest yet.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Stolen Dump Truck, Boat, ATVs Recovered in Jefferson County
- Abducted Child Found Safe In Southern Illinois
- Glen Carbon Man Faces Kiddie Porn Charges
- Police Look for Suspects in Shooting Near Washington Avenue Club
- North St. Louis Shootings Leave Two People Dead
- Mo. State Senator: Ferguson is ‘Experiencing PTSD Right Now’