ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The St. Louis Cardinals announced today that they have activated left-handed pitcher Kevin Siegrist (left forearm strain) from the 15-day disabled list and optioned left-handed pitcher Nick Greenwood to Memphis (AAA).
Siegrist, who went on the disabled list May 24, appeared in five games for Springfield (AA) during an injury rehabilitation assignment, allowing no runs in his 4.2 innings pitched with three strikeouts. He logged 1.1 scoreless innings in his most recent outing – July 21 vs. Tulsa.
Siegrist, who as a rookie last season set the Cardinals record for lowest ERA (0.45) by a relief pitcher (min. 35.0 IP), fanned 50 batters in 39.2 IP and allowed just 17 hits.
Prior to going on the disabled list, Siegrist had posted a 1-1 mark with a 3.60 ERA in 23 games (20.0 IP) while striking out 27.
Greenwood debuted with the Cardinals last month and appeared in nine games. He was 1-1 with a 4.74 ERA and turned in two perfect innings of relief last night.
- Rosenthal Placed on DL For Remainder of The Season
- Mayweather on Saturday’s Showdown: ‘This Fight Is Colossal’
- Nick Faldo On The Northern Trust: ‘Always Fun To See Who Might Step Up’
- 2017 Preseason All-AFC West Offense
- Blues to Host ‘Blue Note 5K’ Before the Home Opener
- ESPN Broadcaster Robert Lee Taken Off UVA Game Due to Name