Normandy Plans Job Fair for Teachers
NORMANDY, Mo. (AP) – The collaborative now running the troubled Normandy School District in St. Louis County will hold a job fair as it seeks new teachers.
The fair is planned for Thursday at Barack Obama Elementary School, and Saturday at Lucas Crossing Elementary Complex.
Normandy schools were reconfigured by the State Board of Education in an attempt to revive the academically struggling district and keep it from collapsing financially. Last school year, about 1,000 students transferred from Normandy to other districts. Because of state oversight changes, only one-third of those students are expected to be able to transfer this year.
The district has hired about 80 percent of the staff needed for the start of the upcoming school year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis County Officials Research Homeless Totals
- Saint Louis Zoo ‘Doing Well Financially’
- Virtual Medicine Is Here In St. Louis And In A Big Way.
- Boeing Delivers Electronic Attack Aircraft to Australian Air Force
- County Minimum Wage Increase Gets Overwhelming ‘No’
- Crimestoppers Limited by Fears of Hushed Witnesses