Suspect in String of Car Break-Ins Arrested
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, Ill. (KMOX) - A suspect is in custody following a string of car break-ins and burglaries in Fairview Heights.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports that the 19-year-old was caught by police Tuesday after allegedly stealing from cars in East Alton.
A witness chased the man and police later used police dog to track him into a wooded area where he was captured.
At least 11 complaints were lodged from people who had items stolen from their parked cars from the St. Clair road and Old Lincoln trail area, or the Weinel Drive and Fairview Drive areas.
In most cases, police say the cars were unlocked. Formal charges are expected to be filed this afternoon, at which time the suspect’s name will be released.
The News-Democrat also reports that police in Fairview Heights don’t believe their suspect is responsible for a rash of car burglaries and break-ins that have taken place across the Metro East over the last week or so.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Person of Interest Sought in 2014 Homicide
- Chief Dotson Blasts Amendment Allowing Felons to be Armed
- Nebraska Police Find Marijuana Inside Container Labeled ‘Not Weed’
- Funeral Services Planned for Victims of Tyrone Shooting
- Woman Killed by Hit-and-Run Driver on I-70
- NYT: Justice Dept. Report on Ferguson Police Could be Released This Week