UPDATE: U. City High Grad Slain In City Park
UNIVERSITY CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – Police in University City are asking for help in sorting out what was behind a gunfight Saturday night in Heman Park.
The University City High School alumni picnic was wrapping up in the park when the guns came out.
A 20-year-old identified as Mario Wallace, a U. City graduate, was shot to death. A 39-year-old man was shot in the leg.
The gunman got away.
Police say the picnic was scheduled to end at 6 p.m., but one group stayed around. The gunfire began around 7:15 p.m.
U. City police are asking anyone with information to give them a call.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Night of Crime: Child Wounded, Squad Car Rammed, More
- Illinois State Police Ask for Public’s Help in Finding East St. Louis Murder Suspects
- 2 Bicycle Officers Introduced in St. Louis City
- Fitch: Prosecutor in Cincinnati Case Too Quick With Charges
- Isom: City May Need “Way More” Than 160 More Officers
- Police Seek Curly’s Corner Market Thief