UNIVERSITY CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – Police in University City are asking for help in sorting out what was behind a gunfight Saturday night in Heman Park.
The University City High School alumni picnic was wrapping up in the park when the guns came out.
A 20-year-old identified as Mario Wallace, a U. City graduate, was shot to death. A 39-year-old man was shot in the leg.
The gunman got away.
Police say the picnic was scheduled to end at 6 p.m., but one group stayed around. The gunfire began around 7:15 p.m.
U. City police are asking anyone with information to give them a call.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Alton Man Accused of Killing 11-Year-Old in Drive-By Indicted
- Police: Facebook Helped Track Down Snake Thief
- Modern Day ‘Bonnie And Clyde’ Found; Man Dead
- St. Louis Co. Detectives Shot At During Investigation
- Illinois Math Teacher Uses App To Solicit Child
- Belleville Man Charged with Sexual Assault of Two Children