Express Scripts Expansion Could Mean 1,500 Jobs
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - One of the nation’s leading companies that manage pharmacy benefits is opening a new office building in St. Louis County as part of an expansion expected to add 1,500 jobs over the next few years.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon will be at Express Scripts on Monday to help mark the $56 million expansion project. The company received nearly $7 million in tax incentives from the state, and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that it could be eligible for additional tax credits of nearly $25 million if all 1,500 jobs are created.
Express Scripts now occupies more than one million square feet in an area near the University of Missouri-St. Louis campus.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Highland Teachers, District Resume Negotiations
- Questions Raised About Ferguson During Citizens Police Academy
- Stenger Stands By McCulloch in Michael Brown Investigation
- Ferguson to Hold Series of Town Hall Meetings
- Texas Man Admits Trying to Entice Minors for Sex
- Suspect in Meat-Tampering Case Again Denied Bond