(KMOX) – Gov. Jay Nixon says children who ended up in Missouri after the recent immigrant surge have not been putting a strain on state resources.
Nixon says around 120 of the minors who were caught at the U.S./Mexican border have already been moved through “private foster adoption facilities.”
“That’s the way these things should operate,” he says. “We’re not bringing a bunch of kids to Missouri and holdin’ em.”
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn sparked some controversy when he proclaimed that his state—which has received more than 300 immigrant children—would keep its doors open for more.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Stenger Says County Will Not Provide More Trolley Funding
- McCaskill Says to Let Franken Investigation ‘Run it’s Course’
- Teachers Union Says Greitens’ Board Appointments will Strengthen Unions
- Turkeys Seeking Trump Thanksgiving Pardon Must Strut Stuff
- Vote to Oust Missouri Education Chief Falls 1 Vote Short
- Clayton Residents Wary of Over Development