MADISON COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Illinois State Police are looking for one of the two tractor-trailers that hit a car on I-70 near Troy early this morning, killing the car’s driver.
Investigators say the tractor trailer that hit the car was sideways in the highway. The driver then drove off and hasn’t been found.
Trooper Calvin Dye Jr. tells KMOX the truck hit the victim’s Impala after the car’s driver swerved for an unknown reason, and wound up sideways across the westbound lanes.
“Semi #1 struck the front quarter-panel of his vehicle, causing his vesicle to spin out of control,” he says. “Next, his vehicle was struck by a second semi, which caused both vehicles to overturn into the right ditch of Interstate 70 at mile post 18.”
Dye says the man driving the Impala was pronounced dead on the scene. He was 20 years old. His name is not being released yet.
He says investigators don’t have a description of the semi that drove off, but they want to talk to the driver.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Plan for Downtown MLS Stadium ‘Running Out of Mulligans’
- Suspect in Theft of 11 ATVs Caught, Two More at Large
- How to Deal With Struggling Parents Out in Public
- Congregation Returns to St. Louis Church Damaged by Arsonist
- Missouri Students May Be Working From Home on Snow Days
- Police Issue Warning for Missing Violent, Schizophrenic Man