ST. LOUIS (AP) – Missouri police are investigating the death of a pet dog that was shot after it escaped from its yard.
St. Louis police say the pit bull-pointer mix named Loki escaped from its yard Tuesday morning. Neighbors reported gunfire and found the dog shot in the shoulder.
Police say they couldn’t find anyone who witnessed the shooting.
The Humane Society of Missouri’s Animal Cruelty Task Force also responded. The dog was turned over to the society for care before it died.
It was euthanized because of the injury and extensive blood loss.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Feds: Texas Man Tried Planting Bomb on Confederate Statue
- St. Louis Police Release Surveillance Photo of Subway Robbery Suspect
- 2 Police Officers Injured After Suspect Flees
- Ferguson-Florissant Schools Superintendent Arrested
- Carjacking Suspect Charged
- Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘There’s No Way In Hell That I’m Resigning’