Police: Pet Dog Shot After Escaping Yard
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Missouri police are investigating the death of a pet dog that was shot after it escaped from its yard.
St. Louis police say the pit bull-pointer mix named Loki escaped from its yard Tuesday morning. Neighbors reported gunfire and found the dog shot in the shoulder.
Police say they couldn’t find anyone who witnessed the shooting.
The Humane Society of Missouri’s Animal Cruelty Task Force also responded. The dog was turned over to the society for care before it died.
It was euthanized because of the injury and extensive blood loss.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Ferguson Store Owners: Customers ‘Too Scared’ to Bring Business to the Area
- Holder: Sources Leaking Information from Grand Jury Investigation ‘Need to Shut Up’
- McCulloch: ‘No Information or Evidence Has Been Released by the Grand Jury’
- Report: Darren Wilson Expected to be ‘Eased Out’ of Police Department
- Police Officers’ Wives Collect Food for Ferguson Duty
- Sexual Predator on the Run