ST. LOUIS (AP) – Missouri police are investigating the death of a pet dog that was shot after it escaped from its yard.
St. Louis police say the pit bull-pointer mix named Loki escaped from its yard Tuesday morning. Neighbors reported gunfire and found the dog shot in the shoulder.
Police say they couldn’t find anyone who witnessed the shooting.
The Humane Society of Missouri’s Animal Cruelty Task Force also responded. The dog was turned over to the society for care before it died.
It was euthanized because of the injury and extensive blood loss.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Thousands of Dollars Worth of Sunglasses Stolen in Chesterfield
- SNAP Ordered to Pay Legal Fees for Catholic Priest in Sexual Abuse Case
- Rauner Signs Bill to Punish Trafficking Guns into Illinois
- Woman Charged in Shooting of Man She Claimed Was Intruder
- Funeral Planned for Cancer Patient Who Was Fatally Beaten
- Belleville Standoff Ends Peacefully