Police: Pet Dog Shot After Escaping Yard
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Missouri police are investigating the death of a pet dog that was shot after it escaped from its yard.
St. Louis police say the pit bull-pointer mix named Loki escaped from its yard Tuesday morning. Neighbors reported gunfire and found the dog shot in the shoulder.
Police say they couldn’t find anyone who witnessed the shooting.
The Humane Society of Missouri’s Animal Cruelty Task Force also responded. The dog was turned over to the society for care before it died.
It was euthanized because of the injury and extensive blood loss.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- 140 Frozen Turkeys Stolen from Illinois Market
- Trump: ‘They’re Going to Riot in Ferguson No Matter What’
- Safeguards in Place to Protect Identity of Jurors in Ferguson Case
- How Much Force Can Business Owners Use to Protect Their Business?
- Union Official: Charges Seem Unlikely for Darren Wilson
- Three St. Louis Men Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder-for-Hire